- Shift your mindset from extrinsic motivation to Intrinsic motivation. Focusing on the inner/personal rewards gained from exercise.
- Monitor improvements for your own personal goals. Rather than comparing yourself against other gym members.
- Link exercise to other areas of life. E.g. going to the gym to socialise or for stress relief and the improvement of concentration.
- Aim to become immersed in the present while exercising, allowing yourself to enter ‘the zone’ where your mind has improved clarity, this feeling can become addictive.
- Continuously create new challenges, setting new attainable goals that challenge and motivate you to avoid the novelty wearing off.
Full article @ https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/articles/200001/learn-love-exercise